Friday, March 9, 2007

The things that really matter

The earthquake tremor in Singapore this Tuesday was very very minor compared to the real quake in Sumatra. But when good old DBS Tower 2 built on reclaimed land started swaying a bit, I genuinely felt really afraid.

I have been looking at things a bit differently after all this. Normally I am the guy who walks around thinking I am the best in what I do. Nobody can beat me. Nothing can happen to me. But the feeling of fear I had during the tremor has taken away that sense of invincibility and has made me aware of my own mortality. You realize the things that really matter in life. What really matters is not the firm, not the project, not your awards, not your job, not your career, but family and the people who support you.

No comments: