Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Feeling the heat?

"A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner." Now, if you're on me and you gotta move when I move, how do you expect to keep a... a marriage?"
-- De Niro in "Heat" (One of my all-time fav movies)

Back in 1999, I had slipped off from home to watch "Heat" with some friends. Made up some story to parents about going to somebody else's house . Watching an English movie was an anathema in our conservative household! As for me and my buddies, "Heat" meant prospects of some sizzling sex scenes... LOL. Seems so funny when I think about that now...

We were disappointed on the sex front. But man... what a movie... The bank-shootout scene is IMHO the best in any movie. Period.


No comments: